Rep. Ilhan Omar kicked off the new year once against taking the side of an Islamic enemy force against the United States, and literally no one was surprised. Why would they be? This woman has been a whirlwind of anti-American loathing, race-baiting, scandal, and antisemitism since she was sworn into Congress in January. It would be more shocking if she woke up on New Year’s Day with a resolution to actually convince normal Americans that she’s not just an Islamist in disguise. Clearly, she made no such resolution.
And so it is that we have to take solace in the small things; namely, that Omar’s bigotry has not gone entirely unnoticed. She was censured by her own Democrats last year (albeit in a wildly watered down version that spent more time bashing Trump than mentioning Omar), she has been criticized by liberal Jews in the media like Jake Tapper, and she has been the target of ire from within the Minneapolis Jewish community, the population of which is now ashamed of having supported her political ambitions.
And now she’s the winner of a brand new award! Yes, indeed, the good folks at stopantisemitism.org have officially named Ilham Omar the Biggest Antisemite of the Year for 2019, and boy was this one well-deserved honor.
The NGO went on to explain that Omar had a whole list of achievements throughout the year that made her the obvious choice for the award:
1. Accusing American Jewry of possessing dual loyalty.
2. Alleging that Jews buy their influence with money, infamously stating “It’s all about the Benjamins.”
3. Accusing Israel of having hypnotized the world.
4. Supporting the antisemitic Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign against Israel.
5. Submitting a resolution in the House of Representatives comparing boycotting Israel to boycotting the Nazis.
6. Having her antisemitic statements endorsed by infamous neo-Nazi David Duke.
“Congratulations to Congresswoman Ilhan Omar on her unmatched antisemitism,” the group concluded.
We’d ordinarily think that anyone who received such an “award” would be in no hurry to display it on the mantle, but this is Ilhan Omar we’re talking about. She might not even realize that the “congratulations” is sarcastic.