Bank Mass Shooter Had A Disturbing Mission

( – Kentucky bank shooter Connor Sturgeon who attacked a downtown Louisville bank where he worked back in April had a disturbing plan to livestream his attack, according to police.

Sturgeon, 25, started streaming to Instagram the morning he attacked the bank. The video has since been removed but reportedly showed Sturgeon carrying out his attack within one minute before sitting down and apparently waiting for the police to arrive. When they showed up, he fired at them before being killed himself.

The video showed Sturgeon received a “good morning” from a female bank employee before he told her to leave. She was shot in the back as she was attempting to flee. He did not proceed to move through the building, but rather waited in the lobby for the police to arrive, suggesting he had suicidal ideation.

Police investigators were able to secure all his electronic communications suggesting he had a detailed plan for the attack, including targeted victims. He killed four and injured 8 more, including a police officer. Officers arrived within three minutes of the attack, much to their credit.

911 calls and body camera footage from the day were made available in the days that followed. It’s worth noting that Sturgeon wore a helmet in high school while playing basketball due to suffering multiple concussions. The impact of brain injury on mood, mental health, and suicidality is well understood and could have played a role in his decision to engage in mass violence.

The attack followed just two weeks after Audrey Hale had attacked a Covenant Christian School in Nashville, Tennessee.

Sturgeon’s parents reached out via NBC to tell people they had no idea their son was capable of violence. His parents are absolutely destroyed by the loss of their son, but also the way in which he killed others. They’re waiting to pay their respects to the families of his victims, they don’t want to compound their suffering.

The Sturgeons relayed that Connor was suffering from panic attacks and anxiety. He was in treatment, seeing a therapist, and taking medication to manage the condition. They believe that someone with his mental health situation should not have been able to purchase a gun. Connor bought the AR-15 semiautomatic rifle 5 days before the attack. Overall, they’re incredibly sorrowful and guilt-ridden. You can see their whole interview here.

Copyright 2023,