Two Arrested About PA Mass Shooting

( – Fox News is reporting two men were arrested in connection with a mass shooting in the Kingsessing section of southwest Philadelphia that took place on Monday, July 3rd. Five people were killed and two children injured in the event, with one of the shooters reported to be a cross-dressing BLM activist by sources from the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Kimbrady Carriker, 40, was apprehended by police after they chased him down an alley while engaged in a gunfight. Carriker surrendered once cornered in an alley and was arrested without further incident. Police have not yet officially released the names of the suspects nor described how or why they arrested the second man. Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw said the attack began around 8:30 pm on the evening of July 3rd.

Carriker reportedly had multiple memes featuring guns on his social media and can be regularly seen portraying himself as a woman with women’s clothing and hairstyles. He also championed BLM causes. He was arrested while wearing a bulletproof vest, carrying a pistol, rifle, extra magazines, and a police scanner.

He targeted and killed four men outside before pursuing his fifth victim inside a home, where he was shot and killed. It wasn’t clear how two children, a 13-year-old and a toddler, were injured though it was noted that the 2-year-old child was shot 4 times in his legs.

Carriker had previous arrests for firearm possession and drug charges in 2003. Early reports suggest the shooting was random, with police unable to ascertain a motive at this time.

Outlaw reported that her investigators would be canvasing the area looking for additional witnesses and going over surveillance footage to glean additional information. Anyone who witnessed the event is being asked to come forward.

A second mass shooting took place on the 4th of July, not even a full day later. Details for that attack are still scant, but investigators found 65 shell casings on the street near 52nd and Market Streets. Three suspects are being sought after their images were caught on surveillance footage. A 29-year-old victim was hit three times and survived his injuries; it’s unclear if he fired back in self-defense or not.

Copyright 2023,